During our first few weeks in Berlin there was an important meeting taking place among companies concerned with social media, globalization, and localization. I discovered this meeting only after returning to Miami. As students of global strategic communications, the use of social media, and localization, I was surprised we were unaware this was taking place. However, after reading a number of reviews on the event it would surprise anyone to know that a convention specializing in international communications, failed to successfully communicate its importance, significance, or purpose.
The meeting is known as the International Search Summit. The focus of the meeting is to bring together companies who specialize in online services particularly those interested in maintaining a global brand image, search marketing, and translations. There were a number of guest speakers who lectured on a number of topics but as one speaker reportedly pointed out – This was a meeting of companies interested in a multitude of topics which in many cases may or may not be interrelated. The example given was by Isabella Ballanti who stated that translators and search marketers are two different species.
I think this sort of conference could be beneficial to students such as ourselves. It can be incredibly beneficial when speakers such as Calijn van Lennep, member of the E-Commerce team at KLM, discussed the importance of maintaining brand image on global websites. I believe they are hosting this event in Berlin next year, and I feel it would make a great addition to the site visits.
resources:
http://www.internationalsearchsummit.com/berlin.html
http://www.stateofsearch.com/international-search-summit-berlin/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment